Sunday 2 December 2012

EXPRESSING BLAMING AND ACCUSING

1. Blaming Someone (Menyalahkan Seseorang)

Blaming is when someone said that person did a mistake that should be her/his responsibility, like choosing wrong way.
Blaming is an expression that is used to say on somebody the responsibility for something done (badly or wrongly) or not done.


Expressing Blaming
How could you do such a thing?
It’s your mistake/fault.
I think you are to blame.
I think you are the one who could have done it.
Are you out of your mind?
I can’t believe that you did it.
I hope you’re sorry.
I hope you are sorry for....
Serves you right.
What on earth were you thinking?


2. Accusing Someone (Menuduh Seseorang)

Accusing Someone is expression when someone said that person did something wrong although she/he doesn’t know the truth, like stealing.

Expressing Accusing
Responding
You must have talked about me behind my back.
No, we didn’t.
You dropped that porcelain glass last night, didn’t you?
No, it wasn’t me.
You took my magazine, didn’t you?
Yes, I did. Sorry for not asking you first.
You had lost all of my data on the computer.
I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to.
No one else could do such a thing, but him.
You are probably right.
You copied my artwork.
No, I didn’t.

1 comment: